Traditional & Clear Orthodontics
For years, traditional metal braces have helped both kids and adults straighten their teeth for dramatic smile transformations. Plus, thanks to improvements in orthodontics, the braces of today look better and feel more comfortable than they ever have before. At Romeoville Dental Center, we can sit down with you to discuss how dental braces can benefit you and leave you with a confident, attractive smile.
What Metal Braces Can Do
One of the great advantages of metal braces is that they can handle even the most complicated alignment issues. Here are some of the concerns that braces can fix:
- Gaps — spacing between teeth
- Crowding — when your teeth overlap or are tipped at an angle
- Underbite — when your lower teeth project out more than your upper teeth
- Overbite — when your upper teeth vertically overlap your lower teeth
- Openbite — when there is a gap or opening between the front teeth when the mouth is closed/the back teeth are touching
- Overjets — when your upper front teeth excessively protrude out over your lower teeth (casually referred to as buck teeth)
- Mismatched midline — when the center of the upper and lower front teeth don’t line up
How Dental Braces Work
Dental braces use a combination of brackets, which look like small squares, and thin arch wires to guide teeth into their perfect positions. The brackets are attached to your teeth and the wires that connect all the brackets apply pressure to gently pull teeth into place. Every few weeks or so, we’ll have you visit our office so we can make any necessary adjustments to keep your teeth moving in the right direction.