Dental Bridges in Romeoville, IL
When you have gaps in your smile, simple tasks like eating, speaking and smiling become unpleasant. Dental bridges are a versatile way to restore your smile’s beauty and functionality. Romeoville Dental Center will make sure that your bridge is a good fit so that eating, speaking and smiling will once again feel comfortable and natural.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a great way to “bridge” the gap created by missing teeth. Traditional dental bridges contain one or more artificial teeth, which can be permanently fixed to healthy teeth on either side of the gap. This is the most affordable dental bridge because no surgery is necessary.
If you don’t have two healthy teeth to act as anchor points, then you are a candidate for an implant-supported bridge. This type of bridge is attached to implants topped with dental crowns which provide strong support for your dental bridge.
What Is the Dental Bridge Procedure?
During your initial consultation, we’ll determine which type of dental bridge will be most suitable for your smile and budget. The procedure varies slightly depending on the type of bridge you select. When you go with a traditional bridge, on the first visit the anchoring teeth are prepared to receive dental crowns and an impression is taken so that your dental bridge will be a custom fit for your mouth. The procedure for the implant-support bridge takes a bit longer. This is because of the healing time necessary after the dental implants are surgically inserted into your jawbone.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
Here are some of the many benefits of a dental bridge:
- Popular for front teeth because they look just like real teeth
- Helps distribute the bite’s force
- Long-lasting with good oral hygiene and regular preventive visits
- An affordable way to replace missing teeth
- Dental insurance often covers much of the cost
- Helps to retain the proper shape of your face
- Keeps other natural teeth from shifting out of place
- A good option to replace an uncomfortable, removable denture