State of the Romeoville Office One Year After Reopening during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Exactly one year ago in June of 2020, we carefully reopened our office after nearly three months of COVID-19 shutdown. In some ways, it merely required – or allowed – us to highlight the sterilization and safety practices we have always prioritized. In other ways, the requirements of the CDC, State, and local officials felt strange, yet just as necessary.
Over the past year, we’ve seen most if not all of our patients return for their regular visits, and had a lot of new patients visit as well. We are so grateful for this community full of folks who take care of themselves and each other.
Even as businesses begin to move back toward full capacity and people begin to gather in ways more like what we were used to before the pandemic, we must all remain vigilant to keep it that way. We thought this one-year anniversary of reopening was a perfect time to provide a reminder/update about what has changed and which precautions remain in place.
What Has Changed Over the Past Year?
Two big things have changed since we first reopened, and we’re thrilled about both of them!
- We got vaccinated against COVID-19. And not just that. Many of you did too! That makes us all safer and provides much-needed, very welcome peace of mind even as we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- For much of the year, we were prioritizing only the most critical dental services and postponing cosmetic procedures. We are delighted to report that for some time now we have been back to full service, including all critical, preventative, and cosmetic procedures.
What Safety and Sanitization Measures Are Still In Place?
Most of the measures we put in place a year ago remain in effect. That’s partly because they are just best practices for the health and wellbeing of our staff and our patients. But some are still “extra” and we’re OK with that. As long as we still have patients who have yet to be vaccinated, including most children, we want to do all we can to keep them safe from the Coronavirus.
For a complete overview of our COVID-19 precautions, check out our blog post from one year ago, Always Sterile, Covid Safe. Here’s a summary of what we have not changed:
- Following CDC Guidance for Dental Care Facilities
- Sanitizing equipment, surfaces, and our hands constantly, as always, with leading sterilization practices
- Minimizing the use of aerosols and using air purifiers
- Wearing protective face coverings, eyewear, and gloves
- Requiring patients to wear face coverings when not receiving treatment
- Pre-screening via email, text check-in, and remote waiting
- Using a sanitized tablet in place of paperwork
- Maintaining social distance when possible
What’s Next for Romeoville Dental Center?
Big smiles and business as usual! We look forward to your next preventative visit and welcome you any time you need us. You can contact us anytime. To schedule your visit now, fill out this form, or call our office at 815-886-0875.